We are fortunate to have a family of volunteers with a wide range of talents and experience.
Picture Yourself as a Volunteer
Parkwest and Peninsula strive for excellence where every healthcare employee wants to work, every physician wants to practice, and every community member wants to receive care. We also want to be the place where our community members want to donate their time to give back to our community.
We are fortunate to have a family of volunteers with a wide range of talents and experience. Whether they are greeting visitors, escorting patients, comforting a family in time of need or helping in the gift shop, our volunteers are known for their dedication. Our volunteers enhance the work of our clinical staff and our patient support team in order to make our patients more comfortable.
We’re always looking for community-minded individuals (over age 18) with the ability to work independently and with critical thinking skills to join our volunteer group.
Volunteers work throughout our facility in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Surgery Waiting welcome/check-in
- Lobby Greeter/Information Desk
- Procedural Care Unit Waiting welcome/check-in
- Critical Care Waiting Area
- Food Services
- Lost and Found
- H.A.B.I.T.: opportunities available for certified H.A.B.I.T. dogs and parents to visit with employees at Parkwest and patients at Peninsula.
- Materials Management
We require our volunteers to:
- Undergo a successful background check
- Complete the online application
- Receive required vaccinations, or provide appropriate exemption materials
- Commit to working at least one 4-hour shift a week, and commit to at least 6 months of service
- Complete annual education sessions to stay up-to-date on hospital guidelines and regulations
Benefits of Volunteering
There are proven emotional and psychological benefits to volunteering. But, at Parkwest, we’re also happy to offer our volunteers:
- A meal voucher for the day they work in the Bistro
- Free valet parking
- Discounts in the gift shop
- Participation in annual recognition and holiday luncheons