Welcome Kartheek Ganta, MD
About Cumberland Neurology Group
At Cumberland Neurology Group, we specialize in the treatment of neurological conditions that affect the brain, spine and nervous system. With more than 80 years of combined medical experience, our expert healthcare team is ready to provide you with excellent care. Our office is conveniently located near Methodist Medical Center. We’re proud to be a member of Covenant Medical Group, the physician practice group of Covenant Health.
Schedule an Appointment
Henry Hooker, MD is founder of our headache center. A questionnaire to be completed prior to your first visit will be mailed to you. Dr. Hooker will take a detailed history, perform a physical exam, discuss your diagnosis and treatment plan, and answer questions. Studies such as MRI, CT scan, blood work and other appointments may be arranged.
- Physical therapy often employs myofascial release massage therapy, aerobic training, electrical stimulation, postural training, and related therapeutic relaxation exercises.
- Biofeedback is a program to gain control of physiological processes important in headache control such as muscle tension, skin temperature, and autonomic responses. The technique can be learned in several sessions coached by a physical therapist or psychologist.
- Personal counseling with a licensed counselor or psychotherapist is often suggested to help identify the sources of stress, to address other issues such as family, drug dependence, anxiety or depression, and to suggest behavior modification.
Botox is a novel therapy for the treatment of headache pain. Dr. Hooker has been administering Botox since 1996, and offers this treatment to select headache patients.
Prepare for your visit by filling out these forms ahead of your appointment and bring them with you. This will help us provide you with an efficient visit. Thank you!
We ask that you please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Please bring the following items with you to your visit:
Your current health insurance information
Your current Photo ID
Any medications you are currently taking in their original containers or in a list with dosages and times
Please note: In order to provide efficient care for all of our patients, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you do not arrive at least 30 minutes early.
It’s very important that you request your prescription refills during normal business hours before 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Prescriptions will not be refilled on weekends or holidays.
You can request a refill on the MyCovenantHealth Patient Portal or by calling your pharmacy.
Insurers often require a physician referral prior to your visit to Cumberland Neurology Group. As a courtesy to our patients, we will attempt to contact your primary care physician and request a referral. However, it is your responsibility to confirm that a referral has been obtained before you are seen by our providers.
If a test or procedure is ordered by a Cumberland Neurology Group provider, our staff will obtain a necessary precertification on your behalf. Precertification for any tests or procedures ordered by your own primary care physician is the responsibility of your primary care provider’s office.
Our Patients Are Important
We want to be your first and best choice for healthcare, and we need your feedback.
You will receive a text message or email asking you to complete a confidential and secure survey about your visit. Your feedback will help us continue to deliver excellent care. Thank you!
Had a Great Experience? Leave Us a Google Review!
How to leave a review:
- Go to Google.com and search for Cumberland Neurology Group
- When our page listing appears, go to the Review section and click “Write a review”