Roane Medical Center appreciates and values the assistance of community volunteers to help provide a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for patients and visitors. Volunteers serve as hospital representatives and may be the first to greet patients or visitors. We are searching for caring, compassionate, dedicated individuals who are willing to commit at least four hours a week in service to their community by volunteering at the medical center campus.
Volunteers play a significant part in our patients’ experiences at the medical center.
Volunteer Work Areas
- Emergency Department
- Gift Shop
- Information Desk
- Nurses Station
- Pathology Lab
- Surgery Waiting Desk
Want to Volunteer?
Volunteering is an inspiring way to make a difference in the community, meet new people and stay active. Men and women of all ages have found friendship, inspiration, renewed energy, and the satisfaction of assisting others through their work. To learn more about our volunteer program, call 865-316-1000 or click here to apply online.
Volunteer Eligibility & Requirements
- 18 years or older
- Minimum six month commitment
- Completion of volunteer application
- Completion of interview by hospital administration
- Completion of acceptable background check
- Completion of confidentiality agreements
- Volunteers must always act in a kind, courteous, gracious and professional manner to every hospital patient and visitor.