The Methodist Wound Treatment Center
Why trust your wound care to Methodist Wound Treatment Center?
At the Methodist Wound Treatment Center, we’re dedicated to serving the wound care needs of the people of East Tennessee. Our expert physicians are ready to offer you the expert wound care services you deserve, close to home.
Most wounds heal with gauze, tape and patience. The types of wounds treated at the Methodist Wound Treatment Center are more complex and difficult to treat. They may have been present for a long time, show no signs of improvement, or continue to recur despite conventional treatments. Complicating the situation may be a medical problem such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or heart disease.
The Methodist Wound Treatment Center in Oak Ridge, Tennessee is conveniently located to Knoxville and provides expert staff who will provide you with individualized care to heal your wound and get you back to the life you love.
Our team of experts includes physicians who are specially trained in hyperbaric medicine and advanced wound care.
Wound Care Treatments and Services Offered at Methodist Wound Treatment Center
There are several reasons that wounds do not heal, and the Methodist Wound Treatment Center’s highly trained physician specialists and nurses always look at the total picture, beginning with diagnosis and continuing through treatment and prevention of recurrence.
We use advanced wound care treatments for patients with conditions such as—
We also offer hyperbaric oxygen therapy services in our convenient Oak Ridge, TN location.
The staff of the Methodist Wound Treatment Center also treat patients with:
- Diabetic wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Vasculitic ulcers
- Complex soft tissue wounds
- Traumatic wounds
- Infected wounds
Our customized wound care treatments at Methodist Wound Treatment Center may include:
- Cleaning wounds and applying topical medications
- Wound vac therapy to promote tissue granulation on the cellular level and to draw the edges of the wound together
- Application of biological skin substitutes, which promote healing by adding growth factors and cellular components that chronic wounds are missing
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy to stimulate the formation of new blood vessels, improve the flow of oxygen into tissues, and increase the formation of fibrous tissues, all of which are needed to promote healing.
Wound care services at Methodist Wound Treatment Center are covered by most insurance companies, Medicare, and TennCare, although some insurance companies require a referral from your doctor and prior approval. Our staff will be happy to assist you with any insurance issues and questions.