Connect With Your Community!
If you love helping people and want to work in a fun team atmosphere, becoming a Volunteer at Methodist Medical Center might be just the ticket! Volunteering is an opportunity to give to others and give back to the community. Methodist’s volunteers support the staff and patients of our hospital and help promote service excellence.
Methodist has a variety of opportunities and shifts available, whether assisting guests and patient families, working in the gift shop, or helping to brighten a patient’s day. Apply today, and together we’ll find the right fit for you! Here are some areas where Volunteers are commonly needed:
- Waiting Areas
- Pager Station
- Pink Placebo Gift Shop
- Patient Representative
- Flower and Newspaper Deliveries
- Information Desk
- The Hospitality Houses
- Fundraising Sales
- Fruit Cart
- Chart Assembly
Additionally, there are many tangible benefits to volunteering. Active volunteers work at least 100 hours per year and receive the following:
- Discounted meals from the Secret City Café while on duty (working a minimum of a 4-hour shift)
- Discounts in the Pink Placebo gift shop
- Annual medical services, including a lab work-up, TB testing, and a flu vaccination
- Educational in-service programs
- Participation in the annual recognition banquet and other social activities
- Inclusion in hospital celebrations
History of Our Volunteer Program
Methodist Medical Center’s legacy of volunteer-support dates back to 1944 when the “Manhattan Project” was developed. To learn more, click here.
Want to Learn More?
Volunteering is an inspiring way to make a difference in the community, meet new people and stay active. Men and women of all ages have found friendship, inspiration, renewed energy, and the satisfaction of assisting others through their work. To learn more about our volunteer program, call 865-835-4170 or click here to apply online.