IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19:
Protecting the health and safety of our patients and employees remains our top priority.
Click here to learn what to expect at your upcoming appointment and how we are protecting you as we return to normal operations.
Covenant Therapy Center – Downtown is dedicated to providing exceptional physical therapy and individualized treatment to get you better, faster.
Covenant Therapy Center – Downtown is a department of Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center.
Covenant Therapy Center
Newland Professional Building, Suite 504
2001 Laurel Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37916
Phone: (865) 331-1300
Fax: (865) 331-2251
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Ankle and foot pain
Back and neck pain
Carpel tunnel syndrome
Knee and hip pain
Return to performance (athletic enhancement)
- Astym® treatment: regenerates healthy soft tissue and eliminates or reduces scar tissue that may be causing pain or loss of motion. Frequently prescribed for athletes, “weekend warriors,” post-surgical patients and chronic sufferers.
- Cancer rehab: we work with people undergoing cancer treatment and cancer survivors to address post-operative limitations, energy conservation, home modification, and ways to make daily activities easier while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Dizziness/vertigo: an exercise- based approached aimed at eliminating or minimizing imbalance and dizziness associated with vestibular (inner ear) disorders.
- Dry Needling: a technique physical therapists use for the treatment of pain and movement impairments. It uses a small, solid needle, called a “dry” needle in conjunction with other PT treatments.
- Headaches: treatment of cervicogenic headaches, or headaches caused by tightness in the neck muscles.
- Manual therapy: skilled hand movements of joints and soft tissue intended to improve tissue extensibility, increase range of motion, induce relaxation, modulate pain, or reduce swelling.
- McKenzie Method: provides superior functional outcomes for the back, neck, and extremity problems. Emphasizes education and active patient involvement to quickly decrease pain, restore normal function, prevent a recurrence, and minimize other medical interventions.
The best recommendation we can receive is from our patients. For that reason, we’re honored to share their some of their praises:
“Your vestibular rehab program here is outstanding! I suffered from dizziness for years and [my therapist] fixed my vertigo in two visits!”
“I was ALWAYS treated with courtesy from the entire staff and received the highest level of care.”
“My BIG therapist was demanding, creative, innovative, and most importantly, effective and fun. My LOUD therapist was an excellent motivator to overcome obstacles and an even better encourager. . . Thank you for administering a very effective program with such motivated and compassionate staff.”
Patient Success Stories
Mary Josvai: Physical therapy helps Holy Land traveler regain strength after knee replacement.
Lori Patterson, MD: Therapy helps canoe enthusiast recover from ski accident in time for paddling trip.
Brian Shupe: UT Engineering staffer fights pain in neck with classwork, homework.
Download these forms prior to your visit:
Depending on your insurance plan, you may be able to self-refer for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy at Covenant Therapy Centers. Learn more about self-referring to our center.