Methodist Therapy Center
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19:
Masks are no longer required at our facility except under certain circumstances. Please note, visitors, patients, and healthcare workers may choose to wear a mask at any time, and patients may request that care team members who provide direct patient care wear masks.
If you develop any symptoms, are awaiting COVID-19 test results, or have tested COVID-19 positive, please contact our clinic before coming to your appointment.
Methodist Therapy Center is dedicated to providing exceptional physical therapy and individualized treatment to get you better, faster.
Methodist Therapy Center is a department of Methodist Medical Center.
Methodist Therapy Center
991 Oak Ridge Turnpike
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
Phone: (865) 835-3370
Fax: (865) 835-3371
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Carpel tunnel syndrome
Return to Performance (Athletic Enhancement)
- Astym® treatment: regenerates healthy soft tissue and eliminates or reduces scar tissue that may be causing pain or loss of motion. Frequently prescribed for athletes, “weekend warriors,” post-surgical patients and chronic sufferers.
- Cancer rehab: we work with people undergoing cancer treatment and cancer survivors to address post-operative limitations, energy conservation, home modification, and ways to make daily activities easier while undergoing cancer treatment.
- Dizziness/vertigo: an exercise- based approached aimed at eliminating or minimizing imbalance and dizziness associated with vestibular (inner ear) disorders.
- Headaches: treatment of cervicogenic headaches, or headaches caused by tightness in the neck muscles.
- LSVT BIG and LOUD: by exaggerating body motion and speech, this therapy helps minimize impairments caused by Parkinson’s disease.
- Lymphedema treatment program: therapy to reduce swelling caused by lymphedema, with a focus on maintaining healthy skin and preventative measures to reduce the risk of lymphedema
- Manual therapy: skilled hand movements of joints and soft tissue intended to improve tissue extensibility, increase range of motion, induce relaxation, modulate pain, or reduce swelling.
- McKenzie Method: provides superior functional outcomes for the back, neck, and extremity problems. Emphasizes education and active patient involvement to quickly decrease pain, restore normal function, prevent a recurrence, and minimize other medical interventions.
- Occupational therapy: our highly certified and experienced occupational therapists work to improve basic motor function and compensate for any permanent loss of function.
- Pediatrics: pediatric therapy works to improve a child’s ability to optimally interact and function in his/her environments.
- Speech therapy: focuses on improving speech, language, swallowing and cognitive abilities.
- TMJ dysfunction: temporomandibular joint dysfunction can limit natural jaw function such as chewing and talking and can cause pain. Treatment helps ease pain, regain normal jaw movement, and lessen daily stress on the jaw.
What Our Patients Say…
The best recommendation we can receive is from our patients. For that reason, we’re honored to share their some of their praises:
“Your vestibular rehab program here is outstanding! I suffered from dizziness for years and [my therapist] fixed my vertigo in two visits!”
“I was ALWAYS treated with courtesy from the entire staff and received the highest level of care.”
“My BIG therapist was demanding, creative, innovative, and most importantly, effective and fun. My LOUD therapist was an excellent motivator to overcome obstacles and an even better encourager. . . Thank you for administering a very effective program with such motivated and compassionate staff.”
Download these forms prior to your visit:
Depending on your insurance plan, you may be able to self-refer for physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy at Methodist Therapy Center. Learn more about self-referring to our center.