Build Your Career in a Great Place to Call Home
Choosing where to live and practice medicine is one of the most important decisions a physician must make. But it doesn’t have to be the most difficult.
Here are just a few reasons more than 1,500 physicians have chosen East Tennessee and Covenant Health:
- Covenant Health’s Pledge of Excellence. Our comprehensive, not-for-profit health system provides outstanding medical care to the communities we serve. We also strive for a practice environment that values innovation and collaboration, and unites physicians and employees in a shared vision of excellence.
- Quality of life. East Tennessee is known for its natural beauty, outdoor recreation, education resources, entertainment opportunities, fine arts, and sports of all kinds – for both spectators and participants.
- Cost of living. A low cost of living means financial advantages for young families and medical professionals beginning their careers.
Covenant Health is committed to our physicians’ success, especially for those beginning or relocating their practices to our health system. We serve more than two million patient encounters annually and our facilities are included as providers for all major health plans in our area.
Important Information for Physician Recruitment Firms
Covenant Health’s physician services department values the mutually beneficial relationships we maintain with physician placement and recruitment firms across the country.
On a daily basis, our recruitment staff works with numerous firms to profile and review candidates for appropriate fit within our health system. Because of the volume of requests we receive on a daily basis and so that we can efficiently and equitably respond to all requests, we will respond only to inquiries made online, and in the order in which requests were received.
For Firms Wishing to Present a Candidate:
If your search firm would like to submit a candidate for our review and consideration, please see below and submit the online profile. We encourage you to submit information only for those candidates who meet the search criteria you will find detailed in our posting, and ask that you and your firm’s representatives use your best effort to identify and personally screen candidates for appropriateness. A candidate should never be presented for consideration by Covenant Health’s Physician Services department without first being screened by your firm.
If appropriate for consideration, we will ask for some brief, basic information about your candidate so that we may record his or her profile in our database as we review and discuss available openings. That information includes:
- Reason for considering a new practice location
- Any pertinent ties to the East Tennessee area (hometown, family, education, etc.)
- Specific opportunity of interest
- Citizenship status
- Malpractice history
Once the candidate’s profile is submitted, we will complete an informal phone screen with you to review available opportunities across Covenant Health and ascertain the candidate’s likely level of interest in each opening.