About our organization
Formal philanthropic support of what was then known as Fort Sanders Presbyterian Hospital began in 1954. With the increase in charitable contributions, the Fort Sanders Foundation was established and charged with garnering support for the healthcare programs and services offered by Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center. The first major initiative was the creation and construction of Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center. The Foundation’s mission has grown to include charitable support for programs and services across Covenant Health, such as:
- Covenant Homecare/Hospice/Palliative Care
- Fellowship Center
- Fort Loudoun Medical Center
- Parkwest Medical Center
- Peninsula, a division of Parkwest Medical Center
- Roane Medical Center
- Cumberland Medical Center
- And many other programs and services.
Governed by a volunteer board of directors, which is comprised of community and corporate leaders and physicians, the Foundation supports Covenant’s mission by:
- Soliciting monetary and in-kind contributions from individuals, corporations, and other foundations
- Managing the investment of charitable donations
- Acknowledging and cultivating donors
- Organizing special events to support various funds and programs
- Applying for grants from other foundations and/or corporations
- Approving requests and distributing funds for health system programs and departments
- Educating the community about the Foundation and Covenant Health facilities and programs
The projects and programs funded through contributions to Fort Sanders Foundation are only possible due to the financial support received from members of our communities. Our neighbors, colleagues, leaders, area businesses, and corporations continue to prove their dedication to ensuring quality programs and services are available throughout Covenant Health’s member organizations. With their help, and yours, we can carry out our mission of improving the health of our communities at the standard of excellence deserved.
Patricia Neal Golf ClassicLearn More
Held each year in August, the prestigious Patricia Neal Golf Classic has raised over $5 million in net proceeds to support the programs, services and staff of the Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center. The tournament brings together Tennessee professional golfers with amateurs from across the U.S. for a worthwhile cause at one of the state’s top courses, Holston Hills Country Club.
Artsclamation!Learn More SHOP
Peninsula is the beneficiary of funds raised through the annual Artsclamation! Fine Art Sale held each year in October. The two-day event features more than 45 local and regional artists, including painters, photographers, jewelers, woodworkers and sculptors. A percentage of each artist’s sales is donated to Peninsula.
There are many ways you can make an impact with your donations:
- cash donations
- payroll deductions (Covenant employees)
- gifts of stock, real estate, or property
- planned gifts (trusts, endowments, and wills)
- gifts in honor or in memory of a loved one
- sponsorship of special events – Calendar of Events
- volunteering your time or services to events and programs – Volunteer Opportunities
If you have any questions about making a contribution or comments about our work, please contact a member of our development staff today.