LeConte Sports Medicine
Providing the East Tennessee area with a comprehensive sports medicine program through our certified and licensed athletic trainers.
Keeping Athletes in the Game
LeConte Medical Center’s sports medicine program offers a multidisciplinary approach to care for athletes, providing the East Tennessee area with certified and licensed athletic trainers. Our team includes physicians, athletic trainers, physical and occupational therapists, and speech/language pathologists who work with physicians to prevent, evaluate, manage and treat sports-related injuries and medical conditions. These professionals provide support at sports practices, games, tournaments, community events and sport tourism venues.
Since 2001, LeConte Sports Medicine has provided certified athletic trainers to cover all sports at each of Sevier County’s five high schools: Gatlinburg-Pittman High School, Pigeon Forge High School, Seymour High School, Sevier County High School and Northview Academy. Certified athletic trainers are experts in preventing illness and injury in active people and have special training to restore function to injured patients.
Benefits of Sports Medicine
- Coverage of practices and competitions.
- Prevention of injuries via appropriate taping, padding, bracing, and other means.
- Treatment at the point of injury and beyond.
- Rehabilitation that ensures the athlete can return to participation as quickly and safely as possible by using evidence-based guidelines.
- Communication between physicians, athletic trainers, therapists, athletes, coaches, and parents.
- Administration duties completed by athletic trainer.
- Insurance claims, injury reports through documentation, supply ordering, and more.
- Access to Covenant Health’s comprehensive network of services.
- Board certified, fellowship trained physicians.
- Same and next day appointments available.
- Peace of mind knowing you are receiving the best sports medicine for your athletes.
Student Sports Medicine Program
LeConte Sports Medicine is excited to offer a student athletic trainer program that will help introduce high school students into a career path in sports medicine. Involvement in this program allows the student to see sports medicine in action and gain a deeper understanding into the profession. This program can help the student gain invaluable experience and assist with future careers in the health field.
Get started by contacting Sports Medicine Director, Tim Hoskins at [email protected]
In 2016, LeConte Sports Medicine was a founding partner of The Ripken Experience in Pigeon Forge. As the exclusive healthcare provider, LeConte provides athletic trainers to provide full-time coverage for athletes competing at the baseball complex.
In 2021, LeConte Sports Medicine was the official medical provider for the TSSAA State Golf Championship.
School Athlete Health Portal
LeConte Sports Medicine has partnered with Aktivate to provide athletes with a secure health portal. Through the Aktivate portal, athletes can complete required forms for athletic competition through Sevier County School System.
Sevier County High School Athletic Trainer
Gatlinburg-Pittman High School Athletic Trainer
Seymour High School Athletic Trainer
Sevier County Junior High Athletic Trainer
Pigeon Forge High School Athletic Trainer
Northview Academy Athletic Trainer