Our multi-disciplinary bariatric team includes physicians, a nurse practitioner, and dietitian to help you succeed in every aspect of your weight loss journey.
Meet our team:
Mark A. Colquitt, MD, FACS, FASMBS
- Undergraduate: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Medical School: University of Tennessee, Memphis
- Residency: Saint Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury, CT; Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Board Certification: General Surgery
- Member: Fellow, American College of Surgeons; Fellow, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery; Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
Dr. Colquitt was born in Knoxville. He completed four years of active duty in the Navy as a surgeon prior to returning to East Tennessee in 1994.
Robert Williams, M.D.
- Undergraduate: University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Medical School: University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Residency: General Surgery, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore
- Fellowship: Bariatric Surgery, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Board Certification: General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Member: Fellow, American College of Surgeons; Fellow, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
K. Robert Williams, MD practices general surgery with an emphasis on the surgical treatment of obesity and reflux, and has performed more than 1,800 bariatric surgeries during his career. His specializes in laparoscopic gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, gastric banding, gastric banding repairs, and biliary pancreatic diversion.
Dr. Williams hails from Southwestern Virginia. He attended University of Virginia School of Medicine. He began performing laparoscopic bariatric surgeries as a general surgery resident at Union Memorial Hospital. After residency, Dr. Williams completed a minimally invasive fellowship at Allegheny General Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA). He has practiced in Knoxville since 2006.
James Howell, D.O.
- Medical School:Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency: Family Medicine, Florida Hospital
Dr. Howell is the supervising physician at the Fort Sanders Weight Management and Nutrition Center. In addition to weight loss management, his clinical interests include preventative medicine, physical fitness, and sports nutrition. Dr. Howell also practices at FamilyCare Specialists, located at 1300 Old Weisgarber Road in Knoxville.
Rachel Ignomirello, MS, RDN, LDN
- Undergraduate: Middle Tennessee State University
- Graduate School and Dietetic Internship: University of Tennessee
- Member: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Weight Management DPG, Tennessee Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Knoxville Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Rachel was born and raised in Oak Ridge, TN. She graduated with a Bachelors of Science degree in Nutrition from Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro in 2014. She completed her Masters of Science degree in Nutrition and Dietetic Internship at the University of Tennessee in 2016.
She’s now a registered and licensed dietitian nutritionist who has been with Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center since 2016. As part of the bariatric program, she teaches nutrition classes, helps lead support groups, and counsels patients. Rachel enjoys getting to know our bariatric patients and helping them with nutrition on their weight loss journey.
Stella Mouzon, RN
- Undergraduate: University of North Florida
- Graduate: Troy State University
Stella’s role as bariatric coordinator at Parkwest Medical Center gives her the opportunity to express her love for people through encouraging and helping patients achieve their weight loss goals. Her natural passion for people is instrumental as she leads the Parkwest bariatric support groups and oversees the bariatric surgery MBSAQIP accreditation for the hospital.
After receiving her bachelor of science degree in nursing from the University of North Florida, Stella completed her Masters of Science degree in Management from Troy State University. She joined the team at Parkwest Medical Center in July of 2019.