Game on Against Cancer
Get Your Game On!
Join us on Friday, June 16, for an evening of games, auction, food and fun at Game On Against Cancer! Event proceeds support patients and families receiving care at Thompson Cancer Survival Center.
Your contributions assist more than 1,000 cancer patients each year with life’s necessities such as transportation, utilities, medications, prostheses, housing and more. Your sponsorship makes a difference to patients far beyond these crisis situations as well. It provides for the latest treatment technologies, personalized patient navigation by trained nurse navigators, connections to needed social services and counseling for both patients and their families, and much more. Thanks to the generosity of Game On sponsors like you, the event has raised more than $715,000 over the last 11 years!
About the Event
- Silent auction
- Food available; first come, first served
- Wine and beer (One free drink ticket included with admission.) Non-alcoholic drinks available
- One celebrity game token
- Opportunities to challenge local celebrities and media personalities in games of table tennis, billiards, corn hole, air hockey, blackjack, shuffleboard and darts. One opportunity (game token) with each admission. Additional opportunities available for an extra charge.
- Date Night admission packages are available, featuring two admissions, six drink tickets and six celebrity game tokens.
- From 6 p.m. – 6:50 p.m., guests may play at any of the gaming areas and use this as a “warm-up” for their celebrity match.
- Celebrity matches will begin promptly at 7 p.m.
- Additional opportunities to play will be available for $10 each and coordinated through the game station volunteer.
- Individual winners of celebrity game matches will receive an event medallion.
- Celebrities do not win event medallions, but they will be eligible to win the night’s overall celebrity player award, the Sam Littleton Memorial Award.
Auction bidding will start at 6 p.m. and end at 9 p.m.
Learn more about sponsoring Game On Against Cancer.
If you have questions about the event, please contact:
About the Thompson Cancer Survival Center Foundation
The Thompson Cancer Survival Center Foundation was established in 1994 to provide ongoing support of the treatment efforts at the cancer center. Since that time, hundreds of generous individuals, companies and others continue to give to the Foundation in support of Thompson Cancer Survival Center. These gifts ensure leading-edge cancer treatment, clinical trials and technology advancements as well as services such as early detection; education and direct patient support are available and accessible to all people throughout our region regardless of their ability to pay.