Senior Behavioral Health Services at Morristown-Hamblen
Aging is challenging — physically and emotionally. You or your aging loved one deserves support for not only physical health but also overall well-being.
That’s why the Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System Senior Services offers comprehensive treatment options and provides much-needed services for seniors in the region. Our goal is to enhance the lives of seniors through highly specialized and individualized care.
Behavioral Health Center
Our Behavioral Health Center is a highly specialized, acute care inpatient program for seniors age 65 and older who may be suffering from issues like:
- Depression or mood problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Sudden or acute onset of confusion or memory loss
- Behavioral problems
- Abnormal thinking or suspicious thoughts
- Hallucinations or delusions
- Decline in overall physical or mental functioning
- Agitation or restlessness
- Sleep difficulties
- Violent or impulsive behaviors
- Decline in eating or drinking
- Multiple or recent losses
- Medication non-compliance or ineffectiveness
Our Senior Access Team
Our Team’s Mission:
- To provide support, education, and disease awareness
- To improve quality of care and patient outcomes, by ensuring safe, excellent medical and mental health care for patients, families, staff, physicians, and the community.
The Senior Access Team is an inpatient consultation team consisting of:
- Social workers
- A psychiatrist or a geriatric specialist who may be consulted for seniors age 65 and older who exhibit behavioral issues and/or mental status changes anytime during hospitalization.
If you’re a concerned family member of one of our patients, feel free to call us to talk about your loved one’s care. The team is available five days a week from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, by calling 423-492-6875.
Morristown-Hamblen Hospital System
- Emergency Room