Innovative Technology for Knee Replacement in Morristown
Each patient is unique and can experience joint pain for different reasons. It’s important to talk to our team about the reason for your knee pain so you can understand the best treatment options available to you. Pain from arthritis and joint degeneration can be constant or come and go. In addition, it can occur with movement or after a period of rest. It can even be located in one spot or many parts of the body. It is common for patients to try medication and other conservative treatments to treat their knee pain. If you haven’t experienced adequate relief with those treatment options, you may be a candidate for Mako Total Knee replacement in Morristown, which may provide you with relief from your knee pain.
What is Robotic Knee Replacement?
Mako SmartRobotics knee replacement in Morristown is an innovative solution for many suffering from painful arthritis of the knee. Compared to manual knee replacement surgery, this new technology helps our surgical team plan for better outcomes, like less pain and shorter recovery times.
Easy as 1-2-3
- Scan: It starts with a CT scan, so our team can know more about your knee’s anatomy.
- Plan: The CT scan is used to create a 3D CT-based model of your knee. After that our surgical team uses this 3D model to create a personalized surgical plan.
- Procedure: With the surgeon guiding the robotic arm within the predefined area and advanced technology, the surgeon stays within the planned boundaries defined in the personalized surgical plan to prepare the bone for the knee implant.
Total knee replacements in the United States are expected to increase 189% by 2030. However, studies have shown that approximately 20% of patients are dissatisfied after conventional surgery. Robotic knee replacement in Morristown combines advanced robotic technology with clinically successful knee implants. This enables surgeons to have a more predictable surgical experience with increased precision and accuracy. This knee technology has also been associated with less pain, less need for inpatient physical therapy and a reduced length of hospital stay when compared to manual techniques.
Why You Choose Robotic Knee Replacement
- Less Pain: With a pre-planned 3D model of your bone anatomy, the robotic system is able to assist our surgical team with the implant size, orientation and alignment, which results in less pain for the patient.
- Quicker Recovery Time: robotic technology helps to utilize your specific anatomy to lock in precise incisions to deliver the highest quality results for joint replacement surgery. This means you will be able to more quickly return to the activities of daily living.
- Advanced Precision Technology: Using pinpoint accuracy, the surgeon is able to guide the robotic arm to specific points of entry for your joint replacement procedure. Furthermore, the system is designed to create the most predictable surgery, which decreases chances of infection and greatly minimizes scarring after your procedure.
- Shorter Hospital Stay: This cutting-edge technology means spending less time in the hospital and more time enjoying living life.
When You Need Surgery, Trust Your Care to the Expert Team at Morristown-Hamblen
Tennessee residents in need of top-quality knee replacement and care can rely on the surgical services provided at Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System in Morristown, TN.
As a proud member of the Covenant Health family of healthcare facilities, we’re ready to offer you the very best in cutting edge surgical procedures, technology, and compassionate medical and healthcare experts.