Radiation Oncology at Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System
Meet Our Radiation Oncologist, John M. Anderson, M.D.
Dr. Anderson is ready to provide excellent care to support you in your fight against cancer.
Dr. Anderson’s Education
- Undergraduate: State University of New York, Albany
- Graduate: University of Virginia, Charlottesville
- Medical School: University Of Arizona – College Of Medicine, Tucson
- Residency: Tucson Medical Center, Tucson
- Fellowship: University of Arizona – College of Medicine, Tucson
Our Radiation Oncology Therapies
3D Radiation Therapy (3D-CRT)
One of the therapies we use at Morristown-Hamblen is 3D radiation therapy (also called three-dimensional radiation therapy). This procedure uses computer technology to create a 3D picture of your tumor so that multiple radiation beams can be shaped exactly (conform) to the contour of the treatment area.
Benefits of 3D-CRT
- It is particularly useful when the tumor has an irregular shape.
- This procedure allows doctors to give the highest possible dose of radiation to a tumor, while sparing your surrounding normal tissue as much as possible.
Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (HDR)
MammoSite Treatment during Breast Conservation Therapy
Morristown-Hamblen Hospital System
- Emergency Room