Ravi Ghanta, MD Joins Knoxville Digestive Disease Consultants
About Knoxville Digestive Disease Consultants
At Knoxville Digestive Disease Consultants, we specialize in the treatment of medical conditions that affect the digestive system, including the mouth, throat, esophagus, stomach, intestines, rectum, and anus. With more than 60 years of combined medical experience, our expert healthcare team is ready to provide you with excellent care. Our office is conveniently located near Parkwest Medical Center. We’re proud to be a member of Covenant Medical Group, the physician practice group of Covenant Health.
I truly care about my patients’ concerns and will take the time to listen and work with them to develop a treatment plan specific to their unique needs. I pride myself in having a positive and joyful attitude with lots of patience. – Staci Bubp, FNP-C
Schedule an Appointment
- Colonoscopy: video examination of the colon
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): examines for abnormalities in the biliary system (liver, bile ducts, gallbladder, and pancreas). The procedure involves the use of an endoscope, which is guided by an X-ray
- Endoscopic ultrasound: uses a special endoscope with an ultrasound probe attached to it to view internal structures, detect growths, check for stones, and diagnose problems in the upper and lower digestive tract
- Esophageal pH (acid) testing: measurement of esophageal acid content
- Esophageal motility evaluation: for movement problems with swallowing
- Small bowel enteroscopy: examination of the small intestine
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: procedure to diagnose and treat problems in the upper digestive system, such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), blockages, and strictures
Prepare for your visit by filling out these forms ahead of your appointment and bring them with you. This will help us provide you with an efficient visit. Thank you!
We ask that you please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Please bring the following items with you to your visit:
Your current health insurance information
Your current Photo ID
Any medications you are currently taking in their original containers or in a list with dosages and times
Please note: In order to provide efficient care for all of our patients, you may be asked to reschedule your appointment if you do not arrive at least 30 minutes early.
It’s very important that you request your prescription refills during normal business hours before 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Prescriptions will not be refilled on weekends or holidays.
You can request a refill on the MyCovenantHealth Patient Portal or by calling your pharmacy.
Insurers often require a physician referral prior to your visit to Knoxville Digestive Disease Consultants. As a courtesy to our patients, we will attempt to contact your primary care physician and request a referral. However, it is your responsibility to confirm that a referral has been obtained before you are seen by our providers.
If a test or procedure is ordered by a Knoxville Digestive Disease provider, our staff will obtain a necessary precertification on your behalf. Precertification for any tests or procedures ordered by your own primary care physician is the responsibility of your primary care provider’s office.
Our Patients Are Important
We want to be your first and best choice for healthcare, and we need your feedback.
You will receive a text message or email asking you to complete a confidential and secure survey about your visit. Your feedback will help us continue to deliver excellent care. Thank you!
Had a Great Experience? Leave Us a Google Review!
How to leave a review:
- Go to Google.com and search for Knoxville Digestive Disease Consultants
- When our page listing appears, go to the Review section and click “Write a review”