We’re With You on Your Cancer Journey
A cancer diagnosis can feel overwhelming. The team at Thompson Cancer Survival Center will be with you every step of the way. We are proud to offer free counseling services to patients throughout their diagnosis, treatment, and recovery process.
What Does Our Counseling Program Offer?
- Learn new ways to cope with your cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Develop tools to manage emotions you may experience, such as anxiety, sadness, or depression
- Gain expertise on how to talk with family members or friends about your cancer
Who is Eligible?
All Thompson Cancer Survival Center patients may participate in this service, free of charge.
How Does the Counseling Program Work?
- You and your counselor will work together to assess your emotional needs and set goals. Most sessions occur in one-hour segments on a weekly basis.
- TCSC counseling is considered a short-term service, but we are happy to make referrals to outside providers if you feel you need additional support.
How Do I Get Started?
- Ask for a referral to our counseling program from your doctor or nurse practitioner.
- Once a referral is made, the counseling office will contact you to set up an initial appointment and determine a location for your counseling sessions.
About our Counselor
Jessica Antal is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with more than 15 years of experience in working with cancer patients and their family members.
She earned both her Bachelor of Science and her Master of Science in Social Work from the University of Tennessee.
Goal Setting and Cancer
It may be difficult for patients with cancer to see past their immediate circumstances. Setting goals for the future can give them something to look forward to. TCSC’s Licensed Clinical Social Worker shares some tips.