Emergency Services at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
When Medical Emergencies Happen, Trust Your Care to Fort Sanders Regional
At Fort Sanders Regional, we have the equipment and expertise to provide emergency services you deserve to feel safe and secure, should the need arise.
We offer different levels of service to a variety of patients with both emergent (life-threatening), urgent (not immediately life-threatening) and non-urgent medical and healthcare needs in our Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center Emergency Department.
Our new Emergency Department is fully equipped with the latest emergency services technology, including—
- Computerized patient tracking
- A radiology suite with CT scanner
- X-ray service capabilities inside the ER
The Fort Sanders Regional Emergency Department entrance is on the lower level of the Center for Advanced Medicine and can be accessed off of Laurel Avenue. Covered parking is available to you in the Laurel Garage across the street from the Emergency Department patient drop-off area.
Get to know our new Emergency Services Department—we’re here to serve you!
An important note about receiving emergency care at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center:
Depending upon the severity of your illness or injury, you may not be treated in the order in which you arrived.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation with our emergency services admission process.
Emergency Service Areas Inside Fort Sanders Regional
Fort Sanders Emergency Services Department is set up to serve your specific level of medical needs when you visit us.
To best serve our valued East Tennessee community, we offer you four emergency areas within our emergency services facility.
These four areas are our—
- Results Waiting Area—this separate waiting area offers you a quiet, comfortable space to wait for test and procedure results performed at Fort Sanders Regional Emergency Department
- Priority Care Center—this area allows our expert medical team to provide quick assessment and treatment for patients with non-life threatening emergencies
- Emergency Treatment Area—this area is designed for patients who need quick help with medical emergencies, which may not be life threatening but still require emergency care. These issues may include; obstetrics/gynecology, orthopedics, and psychiatric problems.
- Trauma/Critical Care Area—this area is dedicated for patients with life-threatening emergencies
Virtual Emergency Services Offered through Fort Sanders Regional
In some cases, you may benefit from our virtual emergency care services in the event of a non-life threatening emergency. Our virtual urgent care services are available to you 24/7.
Our virtual urgent care services are designed for patients in need of convenient, quality care, in the comfort of home.
Our Fort Sanders virtual urgent care services are best suited for individuals dealing with:
- Cough and congestion
- Allergies and sinus infections
- Eye and ear problems
- Minor injuries and pain
- Additional non-emergency conditions
Starting your visit is quick and easy! Simply tap the link to get your virtual urgent care visit started.
Minimize Your Emergency Services Waiting Time
In order to minimize any unnecessary wait times, and streamline your visit to Fort Sanders Regional’s Emergency Services Department, we use the following time-saving strategies to provide you with the very best, fastest emergency care:
- Bedside registration—Avoid delays in the waiting room by taking care of paperwork at your bedside.
- Patient tracking system—We continually monitor your treatment and progress by computer.
- Radiology room—CT and x-ray equipment are conveniently located within the Emergency area itself.
Information for Emergency Department Visitors
When a patient is being attended to in our emergency room, a visitor’s pass will be given to one family member, allowing them to check in on their loved one in our care.
We encourage this family member to serve as the information contact for other loved ones. The Fort Sanders Regional hospital staff is not able to give information to family members without authorization from the patient being treated.
Fort Sanders Regional
- Emergency Room
Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center is a proud member of Covenant Health, our region’s top-performing healthcare network. To learn more about our emergency services, view our complete listing of Covenant Health facilities offering emergency services.