I’m Missy Kane and I’d like to welcome you to my web site.
The true beauty of East Tennessee really shows in the warm weather. Rolling green hillsides are dotted with all sorts of flowers, and marked by majestic blossoming trees. What better time to get outdoors and enjoy a fit and fun lifestyle?
Covenant Health is once again sponsoring a Dogwood Patch program through Dogwood Arts. Walk, run, hike, or bike 25 miles of featured Dogwood Trails, and we’ll send you an official patch to commemorate your accomplishment. For my personal list of favorite featured trails, just click here!
Missy’s year-round fit tips:
– Set your alarm and get up 15 minutes early for a little light exercise and stretches
– Ditch the drive-through windows and keep a stash of healthy snacks in the car.
– Take the stairs instead of the escalator/elevator.
– Park away from the door so you can take a brisk walk to and from the car.
– At work, get up and go talk to your coworkers instead of sending e-mails.
– Spend five minutes doing gentle stretches before bedtime.
If you miss a workout or give into food temptations, don’t waste time feeling guilty. Resolve to do better next time, get back on track, and remember…life is more fun when you’re fit!