I’m Missy Kane and I’d like to welcome you to my web site.
There are many good reasons to let fitness fall to the bottom of your priority list during the winter season. When it’s cold outside we tend to want to stay snuggled up on the couch indoors, eating hot and savory foods that aren’t always good for us. Many people also suffer from seasonal affective disorder this time of year, making it even more tempting to burrow in for the season.
As you work your way through winter, don’t let your health and fitness decisions negatively impact the rest of your year. Pay attention to what you’re eating – no mindless munching in front of the TV! And put exercise breaks on your calendar. Get the most out of life by feeling your best, every day! Here are some practical tips to help you stay on course:
– Set your alarm and get up 15 minutes early for a little light exercise and stretches
– Ditch the drive-through windows and keep a stash of healthy snacks in the car.
– Take the stairs instead of the escalator/elevator.
– Park away from the door so you can take a brisk walk to and from the car.
– At work, get up and go talk to your coworkers instead of sending e-mails.
– For a better night’s sleep, spend five minutes doing gentle stretches before bedtime.
If you miss a workout or give into food temptations, don’t waste time feeling guilty. Resolve to do better next time, and get back on track ASAP. Here’s to a happy and healthy 2017!
Life is more fun when you’re fit!
Meet the team Missy Kane is training for the 2017 Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon, with Fort Sanders Health and Fitness Center’s “N.E.W. U Challenge!”