I’m Missy Kane and I’d like to welcome you to my web site.
There are many good reasons to let fitness fall to the bottom of your priority list during the holiday season. Calendars are packed with social events and school performances. Free time is filled time with shopping and cooking. Willpower gets wiped out with offerings of savory suppers and decadent desserts.
As you launch into this special but frantic time of year, give yourself a special gift. Make a commitment to have a healthier holiday season. Pay attention to what you’re eating – no mindless munching in front of the TV! And put exercise breaks on your calendar. Get the most out of the holiday season by feeling your best, every day! Here are some practical tips to help you stay on course:
– Set your alarm and get up 15 minutes early for a little light exercise and stretches
– Ditch the drive-through windows and keep a stash of healthy snacks in the car.
– Take the stairs instead of the escalator/elevator.
– Park away from the door so you can take a brisk walk to and from the car.
– Consider delivering some of your Christmas cards in person.
– At work, get up and go talk to your coworkers instead of sending e-mails.
– For a better night’s sleep, spend five minutes doing gentle stretches before bedtime.
If you miss a workout or give into food temptations, don’t waste time feeling guilty. Resolve to do better next time, and get back on track ASAP. Here’s to a happy and healthy holiday season!
Life is more fun when you’re fit!
Coming soon…The 2017 Covenant Health Marathon Team
and the “N.E.W. U Challenge!”