One of the best ways to make a difference during the pandemic and show that you care about the people around you is to wear a face covering. “Masking up” is especially important when you are in public places where social distancing might not always be an option.
Simply put, face coverings help limit the spread of COVID-19. They can protect other people in case you are carrying the virus, and they provide a layer of protection to keep you from inhaling it.
Covenant Health joins the Tennessee Hospital Association and hospitals across the state in encouraging Tennesseans to take this small step that can make a big difference. Masks are required for patients and visitors at all of our hospitals and clinics.
Wear a mask because it’s the right thing to do. Wear a mask because masking makes a difference.
Here are some reminders about how to wear a face covering:
- Make sure the mask or (other face covering) covers your mouth and nose.
- It should fit snugly.
- Wash your hands before putting it on and after taking it off (or use hand sanitizer).
- Do not touch your mask or face covering while wearing it.
- Handle your mask by the straps.
- Wash cloth masks and gaiters after each wear, and throw away disposable masks.
Coming to a Covenant Health Facility? Wear a Mask!
Visitors and staff are required to wear masks at all Covenant Health facilities and medical practices. To help conserve our supply of masks, we encourage you to bring a mask from home to wear. We appreciate your cooperation in protecting the health and safety of our patients and employees.