Knoxville, Tenn. – April 2021 – Twenty-four primary care practices of Covenant Medical Group (CMG) have been awarded recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Patient-Centered Medical Home Program. The Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition was developed to assess whether clinician practices are functioning as medical homes and recognize them for these efforts.
The NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home standards emphasize the use of systematic, patient-centered, coordinated care that supports access, communication and patient involvement. CMG clinics with Patient-Centered Medical Home recognitions offer patients quality care and focus on continuous improvement. The clinics are committed to putting patients first to help build better relationships between primary care physicians, staff and patients; improving quality of care and improving the patient experience.
“This recognition demonstrates our commitment to high quality patient-centered care,” said Stephanie Nichols, director of clinical services and quality initiatives for CMG. “Covenant Medical Group is very proud of our NCQA-recognized Patient Centered Medical Home clinics and we look forward to continuing to provide positive patient experiences and improved patient outcomes.”
The CMG clinics offer complete care coordination with same-day appointments, after-hours availability, evidence-based care, physician referrals for specialized care, a secure patient portal and the ability to access online health information.
“NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition raises the bar in defining high-quality care by emphasizing access, health information technology and coordinated care focused on patients,” said NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane. “Recognition shows that Covenant Medical Group has the tools, systems and resources to provide its patients with the right care, at the right time.”
These CMG practices have been awarded recognition by the NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Program:
• Claiborne Primary Care (Tazewell)
• Clinton Family Physicians (Clinton)
• Convenient Care Downtown (Knoxville)
• Crossville Medical Group (Crossville)
• FamilyCare Specialists (Knoxville)
• Family Clinic of Oak Ridge (Oak Ridge)
• Fort Loudoun Primary Care (Lenoir City)
• Great Smokies Family Medicine (Sevierville)
• Hamblen Primary Care (Morristown)
• Internal Medical Associates (Loudon)
• Internal Medicine West (Knoxville)
• Kingston Family Practice (Kingston)
• Lenoir Medical Clinic (Lenoir City)
• Medical Associates of Carter (Knoxville)
• Miriam Tedder, MD (Harriman)
• McNeeley Family Physicians (Clinton)
• Mountain View Family Medicine – Seymour
• Mountain View Family Medicine – Pigeon Forge
• New Horizon Medical Associates (Knoxville)
• Oliver Springs Family Physicians (Oliver Springs)
• Prompt Family Care (Morristown)
• Roane County Family Practice (Harriman)
• Southern Medical Group (Knoxville)
• Topside Physicians (Louisville, Tenn.)
For more information about Covenant Medical Group, visit CovenantMedicalGroup.org.
About the National Committee for Quality Assurance
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in healthcare. NCQA’s website (ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more informed health care choices. NCQA can be found online at ncqa.org, on Twitter @ncqa, on Facebook at facebook.com/NCQA.org/ and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/ncqa.