2011 Covenant Kids Run Fittest School Winners
- Anderson: Clinton Elementary School
- Blount: Foothills Elementary School
- Hamblen: Witt Elementary School
- Jefferson: New Market Elementary School
- Knox: Bluegrass Elementary School
- Loudon: Eaton Elementary School
- Roane: Kingston Elementary School
- Sevier: Seymour Elementary School
- East Knox County Elementary School
- John Sevier Elementary School
- Kingston Elementary School
Fittest School Challenge
The Covenant Kids Run Fittest School Challenge is part of the Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon.
Schools schools with the highest percentage of total student participation win prizes and the title of Fittest School.
“By providing some friendly competition between schools, the Fittest School Challenge is a great chance for kids to get excited about exercising while focusing on a common goal of achieving the title of Fittest School,” said Beth LaFontaine of Covenant Health. “The goal of the challenge and the Covenant Kids Run is for East Tennessee youth to learn fitness skills at an early age that they can use to maintain a healthy lifestyle for the rest of their lives.”
The Covenant Kids Run Fittest School Challenge provides schools with training and exercise tools tailored specifically for children. Students train for a total of 25.2 miles, tracking their progress in a logbook, before the final race in the spring. On race day, students complete the one-mile Covenant Kids Run to raise their total mileage to 26.2, thedistance of a full marathon.