Senior citizens are the fastest growing segment of the population both nationally and locally. In recognition of the need to serve this important group, Covenant Health Senior Services (CHSS) collaborates with local providers and community-based agencies to establish special programs that identify and address the health and social needs of the aging. Our goal is to be the most comprehensive provider of senior health services and to be the first choice of seniors and their caregivers. Seniors appreciate the ease and convenience in accessing information and services, and are comforted in knowing their care is coordinated with other providers in the health care system.
Covenant Health Senior Services assists older adults who are 50 or better in their effort to lead healthier, more independent lives. Please read on to find out more about some of the unique services that we offer.
In addition, Covenant Health Senior Services is responsible for instituting compliance plans for programs and seniors in conjunction with the American Association of Homes & Services for the Aging's Quality First© program.
- Aging Resource Center Help Line (ARCH)
The caregiver's link to help in finding community resources designed to make caring for a loved one easier.
- Alzheimer's Tennessee, Inc.
Alzheimer's Tennessee, Inc. provides support and assistance to individuals with Alzheimer's disease, their families, and care partners and supports the research efforts to prevent, treat, and cure Alzheimer's disease.
Behavioral Health - Providing services in both inpatient and outpatient settings, and in nursing home facilities.
Geriatric Case Management Outpatient Program (GCMOP) - A post-discharge case management program to cover frail elderly who have no other care oversight; services are provided in the senior's home after discharge to sustain or improve their quality of life.
Geriatric Resource Nursing Certification - Our geriatrician and geriatric nurse practitioners work with all geriatric clinical staff of the Covenant Health system to develop senior-friendliness and sensitivity via our exclusive Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders (NICHE) program.
Online Independent Living Assessment Tool - This online tool asks a brief series of questions related to three areas of function that support independent living. Your scores will help you understand your ability to live independently.
- The Knoxville-Knox County Office on Aging publishes a Senior Service Directory as a public service for the senior citizens of Knoxville and Knox County.
Download their newsletter, the Elder News and Views
Lifeline (Personal Response and Support Service) - Lifeline is a response service that allows seniors to live independently in their own homes with the assurance of quick assistance.
- One Call Club for Seniors - membership program assisting Knox County residents, 60+, to maintain their health and independence by having one phone call access to reliable, reasonably priced services they need to remain in their homes.
Covenant Passport Senior Membership Program - An array of social and health programs enabling seniors to network and learn healthy lifestyles for their own well-being.
Post Acute Care Services - Partnering with nursing facilities and the medical community to provide the appropriate level of care at the right time.
Senior Centers Network - Collaborating with a number of the area's senior centers to ensure that seniors have a social outlet and a sense of belonging.
Senior Wellness Programs - A variety of fitness programs with levels designed around seniors.
Speakers Bureau - Access to health care clinicians and physicians to talk to your group about topics of interest.
- Covenant Health Women's Health Network - The Covenant Health Women’s Health Network is East Tennessee’s most comprehensive and convenient resource for health information and referral for women. With the click of a mouse or one quick phone call, we can put you in direct contact with the service or specialist you need. The Women’s Health Network provides personal assistance to women by phone or through our unique website dedicated exclusively to women’s health concerns and conditions.
For more information of interest to seniors, visit National Institutes of Health Senior Health website at http://nihseniorhealth.gov/