Formal philanthropic support of what was then known as Fort Sanders Presbyterian Hospital began in 1954. With the increase in charitable contributions, the Fort Sanders Foundation
was established and charged with garnering support for the healthcare programs and services offered by Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center
, with the first major initiative being the creation and construction of Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center
. That charge has grown to include programs and services offered by our extended Covenant Health family, such as:
Governed by a volunteer board of directors, which is comprised of community and corporate leaders and physicians, the Foundation performs many key functions necessary to its continued success:
- Soliciting monetary and in-kind contributions from individuals, corporations, and other foundations
- Managing the investment of charitable donations
- Acknowledging and cultivating donors
- Organizing special events to support various funds and programs
- Applying for grants from other foundations and/or corporations
- Approving requests and distributing funds for health system programs and departments
- Educating the community about the Foundation and Covenant Health facilities and programs
Fort Sanders Foundation
280 Fort Sanders West Blvd., Suite 202
Knoxville, TN 37922
Covenant Hospitals Named Among State's Top 10 by U.S. News & World Report
Monday, July 21, 2014
Three Covenant Health member organizations are among the state's high performing hospitals, recognized for various medical specialties, patient satisfaction, safety and outcomes.
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs of Covenant Health
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Pulmonary Rehabilitation programs have been proven to reduce hospital admissions and improve exercise tolerance in people with lung diseases.
Public welcome to attend free marathon Health & Fitness Expo
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
The Covenant Health Knoxville Marathon’s Health & Fitness Exposition Saturday will be jam-packed with fitness merchandise, inspiring talks and fitness activities for the whole family.